DO YOU WANT SOME OF THE GARLIC CLOVES TO PLANT, I HAD TOO MANY!

My garlic patch is too small to plant all these cloves, so if you want some cloves I have to spare, email trevor@balbriggan.net stating your postal address.

I bought the minimum amount of garlic bulbs for planting. They arrived in a net bag, but I only needed half the bag due to limitations of space in the garden. Let me know here or by email and I will send you a few cloves for planting now or early December. Email trevor@balbriggan.net. I will need your postal address. Ciao!

Advertisements

6 responses to this post.

1. Posted by Damien Mc Hale on November 23, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Hi Trevor

Thats very generous! I would like some if any still available!?

Thanks,

Damien Mc Hale, Ross East, Castlebar, County Mayo

________________________________

• Posted by Trevor Sargent on November 24, 2012 at 12:17 am

Very welcome Damien,

I have put some of those garlic cloves in the post to you. Hope you have a reasonably sheltered sunny spot for them. They need frost in the winter but sun is important to mature them well in the summer. Let me know how it goes.

Good growing,
      Trevor

• Posted by Damien on December 22, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Hi Trevor,

Just to say thanks – i received the bulbs and planted them at beginning of the month in a spare raised bed – hopefully will do ok, I will let you know how they do in 2013!

Cheers,

Damien

2. Posted by Anne Phelan on November 28, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Any left Trevor?I ld love some .Anne Phelan,Rocklands,Tramore,Co Waterford

• Posted by Trevor Sargent on December 4, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Hi Anne,

I have sent the last of those organic garlic cloves to you in Tramore. I’d get them planted as soon as possible to give them a good chance to root before a good cold spell triggers their bulb forming habit.

Good kitchen gardening,

Trevor

3. Posted by Anne Phelan on December 6, 2012 at 3:10 pm

hI TREVOR ,mANY THX FOR YOUR gARLIC CLOVES WHICH ARRIVED THIS MORNING.I WILL GET THEM PLANTED RIGHT AWAY as I have a new bed which I covered with my own compost a couple of months ago.Here,s hoping .The weather is cold enough anyway.I have a big polytunnel which has lots of salad leaves growing still.I had a great supply of tomatoes all Summer-several varieties and I froze several lots of tomatoes for use over the winter as we make our own soup regularly.
    I have red cabbage seeds saved .Would you like some ?When I cut off a head this cabbage regrows -!It is a huge plant.